Success doesn’t just happen. It starts with someone having a clear image in his or her mind as to what they want to achieve for themselves or their business. Creating a vision for your life is no different. It has to start with a clear mental picture of what you want your future to look like. Yet, many of us go through life without a clear vision of the life we want.
Without a clear picture of your desired future, you let yourself go through life allowing circumstances, or other people, create it for you. Be in the driver’s seat of your own life. The clearer your vision, the more likely you will take the right actions to achieve the life that you want.
15 minutes is all you need to get started –
- Find a quiet space where you can relax comfortably and without interruptions for the next 15 mins. Go outdoors if being connected to nature helps you relax.
- Completely relax your body and quieten your mind. Take a few deep breaths.
- Visualise what you want your life to be in the future. Project out 3 to 5 years. Create a clear picture in your mind. Who are you with ? What are you doing ? Where are you ?
- Using your 5 senses, add more details to your mental image. Feel the emotions you will feel when you’re living the way you want. See yourself doing the things you want, being the person you want to be. Hear yourself speaking as you’re already living that life. Even taste and smell what it would be like. For example, if your dream is to live by the beach and run a business from home, see yourself in your beach house. Feel the cool sea breeze against your skin. Taste the salt in the air. Smell the ocean that you hear crashing on the rocks nearby. What are you doing in your business ? Who are your working with ? Add as much colour and detail as you can.
- Now, just as vividly, imagine why you want this lifestyle. Your reasons for wanting it. What will this life give you ? Why is that important ?
- After visualising this for several minutes, write down what you’ve imagined. Use the present tense as if you’re already living this life. Don’t forget to add the details of who, what, when and all the sensory details.
Some people respond better to visuals. If visuals work better for you, create a vision board using photos and phrases to bring your vision to life. Put it somewhere prominent where you will see it everyday.
Finally, I encourage you to spend a few minutes everyday bringing that vision to life in your mind. It will help imprint it into your subconscious so that you will automatically engage in behaviours that move you towards the life you desire.
Remember…..It’s Your Life, Your Journey, Your Purpose.