Can you believe it’s already April ?! I don’t know about you but it feels like just yesterday that we rang in the new year. Yet, 3 months have flown past already and before you know it, it’ll be Christmas !! Ok, so I’m exaggerating a bit. But you know what I mean.
Most of us start the new year with an ambitious list of life and work goals topped with a healthy dose of renewed optimism … yet for many of us, the daily rush of life quickly bogs us down and despite our best efforts, we get side-tracked.
With a quarter of the year done, this is the perfect time to dig up that list and do a quick progress check. Do your goals need a reality check ? Perhaps. Especially if they were written immediately after a few drinks too many at that new year’s eve party ! Or perhaps your action plans need some fine-tuning ?
Either way, now is a good time to ask yourself these 5 questions –
1. What will success look like at the end of the year ?
2. What have I learnt about myself over these past 3 months ?
3. Where is new learning needed, or what do I have to do differently ?
4. What is holding me back from achieving my goals ?
5. Who do I need to become in order to have what I want ?
In the words of someone much wiser than me….
“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you ? Not much” – Jim Rohn
Now where did I put that list of goals again …..