We’re getting to that time of year where our thoughts turn naturally to the future. And you might be wondering “What’s Next in My Life?”. The question may seem simple, yet for many, the answers are not that clear. Planning is vital to success in life and work, and an essential part of planning is knowing which direction you are headed. In the case of life planning, it means being able to envision your future self. It means knowing what you want next for your life. And with the new year coming up fast on the horizon, now’s the perfect time to start getting some clarity.
Here are a few questions to get you started –
- What have I learnt about Me over this past year ?
- What have I learnt this past year about the important relationships in my life – Me and My Family (My Friends) ?
- What have I learnt about Me and My Work this past year ?
- What do I see for myself for the next year ?
- What do I want my life to look like in 5 years ?
And finally the big question – WHAT DO I WANT NEXT IN MY LIFE ?
Take the time to jot some thoughts down over the next few days. Importantly, be guided by what you feel is important and meaningful to you. Once you have clarity on what you want your life to look like next year, start putting together a plan to achieve it. Remember, only you can create your future. I wish you well on your journey to the life you want.
“Our aspirations are our possibilities” – Robert Browning